Dealing With A Dead Car Battery — What To Do
Do you have a dead car battery and are unsure of the next steps you should take? When you try to start your car, and it won’t start, it’s probably the worst feeling ever. Despite numerous attempts, the car stubbornly refuses to start. The only way to solve this problem is to jumpstart it. However, most people don’t know how to boost or jumpstart a car battery.
Nonetheless, you can rely on reputable towing services for battery-boosting. We are a reliable, reputable, and trustworthy recovery and towing services company in Edmonton. In this blog, we will discuss the steps you should take if you have a dead battery.
Signs You Have A Bad Battery
Before we discuss what to do if your car battery is dead, it’s crucial to make sure you aren’t misdiagnosing the problem. How can you tell if your car’s battery is failing? Several signs point to the possibility that your battery is failing. To comprehend what has happened to your car, observe the following:
- A dead battery is likely to blame if the vehicle made a sluggish noise after starting and then stopped
- You most likely have a dead battery if your car won’t start at all
- If the car continues to make an ignition noise but won’t start, the battery is probably fine, but there may be another issue
- If you notice smoke or fumes coming from the front of the vehicle, the radiator or engine may be malfunctioning
Additionally, make sure your fuel tank is not empty before concluding that something is wrong with your car.
What Causes A Dead Battery?
Here are a few things that could make your car’s battery drain overnight or over a few hours if you’re still unsure about whether it’s dead or not.
- Lights that were left on for longer than a few hours when the car was not in motion, such as interior lights, flashers, and headlights.
- When the car was not in use, the radio was turned on.
- The air conditioner was turned on when the car was not in use.
- The car had been in idle mode (or storage) for months and had not been started.
- Years have passed since the battery was replaced or maintained.
- Your car battery became frozen because you didn’t warm it up before driving in the cold.
Your car’s battery is probably dead if it has experienced any of the above-mentioned problems.
Phone A Friend
Take out your phone and begin scrolling through your contact list. To ask if someone can help you with jumper cables, call a member of your family, your closest friend, or your spouse. They can at least drop you off at your destination while your car is being fixed if you are in a rush and don’t have time to jumpstart your vehicle.
The last thing you want is to have your phone die as well, so make sure you don’t waste time on social media while using your phone.
Here’s What You Need To Do
The first thing you should do if you are away from home or in an unfamiliar area is to look around to see if you can find any help. However, calling for expert, trustworthy roadside assistance services is the simplest and safest course of action if you don’t feel comfortable approaching strangers for assistance.
You can quickly and easily escape this frustrating situation with the help of roadside assistance companies that provide battery-boosting services. Additionally, they can offer diagnostic services to assist you in determining what drained your battery and whether or not you need to replace it.
If you don’t want to spend money on charging your car battery before calling for professional assistance, remember to call your insurance provider to find out whether or not your insurance plan covers roadside assistance.
About Action Towing
Action Towing is a reputable towing firm that has served and earned the trust of the Edmonton community. As a reputable towing, recovery, and roadside assistance service in Edmonton, we only employ the most advanced equipment and highly trained tow truck drivers. Due to our affordable prices and superior services, we are among the most reputable towing companies in Edmonton. Learn more about Action Towing and our services.
Stranded in the middle of nowhere? Contact us now.